David Cueman is the lead writer for Children Story Time. He holds a master’s degree in Writing and Publishing from DePaul University. Before working at CST, Cueman worked as a background actor on Chicago Med, a freelance writer, a bartender, and a scriptwriter for an online sports network. His work has appeared online and in print. His first published story, I Only Work Here, appeared in How Long Will I Cry?, a collection of stories that provides insight into the problem of youth violence that became a play at the Steppenwolf Theater in Chicago. He lives in Chicago with his wife.
- Name: David Cueman
- Nickname: no nickname
- Favorite Hobby: Writing, Legos
- Favorite Game (ie. board game, group games, etc): Basketball
- Favorite Video Game: Assassin’s Creed, Uncharted
- Favorite Childhood Story: Mickey’s Christmas
- Favorite Candy or Dessert: Cupcakes
- Pet’s Name: Sadly, no pet at the moment
- Favorite Characters in a Game: Lara Croft, Nathan Drake
- Biggest Pet Peeve: Hypocrisy
- Spirit Animal: Dog
- Favorite color(s): Blue, Green, Red
- Favorite Food: Baked Ziti
- Favorite Quote: “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
I love sports, particularly, basketball and baseball. Sports are almost always on in my house, specifically, the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets.
I love creating. Whether it’s painting or building with Legos. I have too many paintings and Lego sets and not enough square footage.
GARDING AND PLANTS
I discovered gardening during the pandemic. At first, I bought a couple of plants for the inside and my backyard, but soon found myself growing plants from seeds. I have 70+ thriving plants that started from seeds inside and outside my house. I’m particularly proud of my Flame Tree bonsai that started from a tiny seed.
I love film and TV. Whether it’s watching a movie or binging a TV show or reading film and TV scripts. I enjoy looking analytically at what I am watching or reading and thinking how I would approach telling the story.
I enjoy writing film and TV scripts. I’ve had scripts make the semi-finals and quarter-finals in screenwriting competitions and festivals.