5 Easy Hairstyles For Girls
Can you find the letter?
5 Easy Hairstyles For Girls in enhancing their learning
When you’re trying to get ready in the morning, hair may be something highly overlooked. Thankfully, there are 5 easy hairstyles for girls to choose from, including boxer braids, slick ponytail, messy bun, two top twists, and pigtails.
Read on to learn more about these 5 easy hairstyles for girls, what they are, and how to do them!
A super fun way for girls to wear their hair, boxer braids highlight braids even better than French braids!
If you’re in a hurry to get out the door in the morning, these braids are the way to go considering they’re extremely fast to do and can be done to any length of hair.
How to do Boxer Braids
- To do a boxer braid, you should start by parting the hair into two sections, securing one side, so it stays out of the way. It’s not super important that the hair is separated directly down the middle of the scalp. If someone’s hair naturally parts a different way, it can be tried to part naturally!
- After that, take a small section from the hairline of the exposed side and split it into three strands. Take the outer strand, braid it under the middle strand, and repeat.
- As you braid the outer strands, you should gather small sections of hair, adding them to the outer strands. This will incorporate more hair into the boxer braid. You should continue this until you are at the end of their hair.
- When you have completed this, secure the end of the braid with a hairband. Repeat all of these steps on the other side of the head.
If you want, you can even fluff the braids for added volume. If this is something you desire, simply hold the end of the braid in one hand, pulling each small section of the braid just a little, making it look a little looser, which will, in turn, make it look more full!
Take it up a notch:
If you want to add a little extra pizazz to this hairstyle, try intertwining colorful ribbons throughout the sections as you braid the hair, this is going to give it more of a youthful look and will create the ultimate hairstyle for your child. Adding some ribbons is perfect for little girls going to school or even getting ready for dance class, holidays, or anything else that could have a color scheme to match.
One of the simplest ways for girls to wear their hair, slick ponytails are starting to become more and more trendy as time goes on. This is because it’s excellent for almost any occasion! It can be worn for school, special functions, and dressier events.
How to do a slick ponytail
- To achieve this hairstyle, you need to use a brush to smooth your strands. To do this, gather the hair below the crown of the head.
- From there, you can smooth the sides of your head and the top of your head. This would eliminate flyaway strands of hair and static that may be present if you didn’t. When this is done, you can secure the hair with a hairband.
If you want a genuinely slicked-back ponytail, once your ponytail is done, you can smooth the sides of the head with product. This can be a gel or a serum.
Take it up a notch:
Slicked back ponytails are an easy way to get your daughter dressed and ready for the day, but if you are interested in making it a little more unique and something she will absolutely love, try taking that ponytail to the side and adding an oversized bow to the top, hiding the hair tie and accentuating the look.
Some would consider this hairstyle one of the greatest easy hairstyles, and they have a point!
The messy bun is easy, fun, and a hairstyle usually stays intact all day.
How to do a messy bun
- There are many ways to do this hairstyle, but one of the best ways is to gather the hair in your hand, twisting until it starts to twist on itself.
- Twist your hair until it forms a bun.
- Secure the bun with a hairband or bobby pins!
- Another way to do a messy bun is to put it in a high ponytail.
- If you have more time and want more volume, you can tease the hair all the way down the length of the ponytail, right to the elastic.
- After that, you can move the ponytail up and make a hole with your fingers.
- From there, thread the ponytail through it halfway. This will create a bun that looks like a fan! Tuck the ends of the hair under the elastic.
It’s so simple and will look so great. It’s a beautiful hairstyle for girls of all ages.
Take it up a notch:
Messy buns are one of the most popular hairstyles out there with a bunch of great ways to make it fun. One of our favorites is simply adding a braid underneath. To do this, have the girl look down towards the floor and flip her hair so it hangs in front of her face. Do a simple french braid up the back of their head about halfway. Next, take the remaining hair and put it into one of the messy bun styles listed above.
Two Top Twists
Although this hairstyle requires more time, it’s guaranteed to make whoever wears it look absolutely adorable!
How to do two top twists
- Also known as space buns, this hairstyle is done by separating hair down the middle of the scalp.
- Once done, the hair on one side of the head can be gathered and put up just like any bun.
- When one is done, the other can be done as well!
There are so many ways to do this one hairstyle, too! If you want to keep half of your hair down, you can do that or put all of your hair up. The great thing is that the buns can also be done in whichever style you prefer! Many have a certain way they really enjoy putting their hair into a bun, and this hairstyle will do the job no matter what.
Take it up a notch:
Top twists are fun for girls of all ages because there are so many things you can add to the style to give it your own personal touch. If you are looking for a cute hairstyle for a little girl consider adding a little bit of glitter to their roots. You can find tons of great colorful glitter hair products that will add to the look and make anyone with the style really stand out.
Another hairstyle that has a ton of potential is pigtails! This hairstyle looks good on girls of all ages, especially young ones! What’s great is that it can be done in only a couple of minutes, or if you want to spend more time on it, you can do a more in-depth pigtail hairstyle.
How to do pigtails
- For a basic pigtail, all you have to do is separate hair down the middle of the scalp, gather one side in your hand and secure it with a hairband.
- All you have to do is repeat on the other side when one side is done! It’s that simple.
Take it up a notch:
Basic pigtails are cute all on their own, but they are also versatile and can look even more amazing with some simple additions and twists. One of the best ways to increase the look of pigtails is by adding a bunch of tight curls and some matching thick scrunchies at the top.
While all of the options listed above are fantastic ways to make your little girl feel beautiful, we wanted to throw one more idea out there that is even easier to do than pigtails, and a child at any age can manage on their own.
How to do a sectioned ponytail
- Brush all of the hair back into a smooth ponytail with all of the bumps and knots thoroughly combed through.
- Then take a colorful selection of hair ties and add a few more of them down the hair about two inches between each one.
This style is going to tame unruly hair and is a quick and simple option for little girls with long hair and a busy day ahead of them.
Take it up a notch:
The sectioned ponytail is going to look fairly unique on its own, but it isn’t the only way to utilize this look for a fantastic girl’s hair-do. To add even more charm, teach each section before adding the next hair tie, this is going to make the hair in between look fuller and the style much nicer.
Tips and Tricks for Great Hair Styles
No matter how easy the hairstyle you choose seems to be, there are a bunch of tips and tricks out there that can make it ten times quicker. Before throwing your or your child’s hair up into a style, consider the following.
Snag Free Ponytails Holders Are A Lifesaver
The typical rubber band is well-known for catching on and ripping hair, this can make any style very uncomfortable and can also damage your hair. Consider picking up a pack of snag-free ponytail holders to avoid pain or discomfort in the future.
Accessories are Everything
There are hundreds of gorgeous ways to style and design girl’s hair for a quick and unique creation; However, having a bunch of different ribbons, bows, ponytail holders, clips, etc. is a great way to amp up any look.
Steer Clear of Blow Dryers
Blow drying your hair is definitely going to get it to style ready much quicker than waiting for it to dry on its own. However, blow-drying your hair is also going to cause a lot of damage and make it knotty and hard to handle. It is also essential to pat dry and never scrub or rub your wet hair, the best way to dry it is by scrunching it with a clean towel.
Don’t Be Afraid of Hair Products
A lot of people tend to stray away from using sprays and gels afraid of what it can do to their hair, however, most products are perfectly fine and can really add that extra touch everyone wants for the best style.
Detangling Spray Can be a Girl’s Best Friend
It is common to go straight for the brush right after a bath or shower, however, this can actually cause damage to your hair or can create unwanted tangles and snags.
Instead of brushing out your hair while it is wet, add a little detangling spray to it and wait for it to dry before you start on your style.
Even if you are low on time, these 5 easy hairstyles for girls are great options! Each of the styles listed above is ideal for adding a little personality, beauty, and creativity to your everyday look that will most definitely get you some compliments.
This article provides you with a new activity outside of our products in the reading app for 3rd graders, 2nd graders, 1st graders, and preschoolers…
In need of some great, easy hairstyles for girls? You’ve come to the right place! Click here for 5 easy hairstyles for girls.